[God Slave]
"But now being made free from sin, and become servants to God, ye have your fruit unto holiness, and the end everlasting life." Romans 6:22
Cray and I were discussing monks and why Christianity didn't have any. Catholics do, Buddists do, but Christians just don't do the monk thing. Cray told me that many parents worry about their children becoming monks, because then they can't get married and have children. I explained that God never specifically commands whether or not to get married; that everyone has to pray and seek God's will for their decision.
"Can I ask a question? It's a little impolite."
I nodded.
"You are like a God slave?"
As I thought about it, I began to grin and then to laugh.
He squirmed and tried to apologize.
"No, no, it's okay," I assured him. "One of the men God used to write the Bible wrote that we are slaves to Jesus, but that being a slave to Jesus is being truly free."
I went on to explain how God simultaneously frees us and brings us into the servitude of Christ.
"We can only serve one of two masters. Either we will serve Jesus or the devil. The devil wants to destroy us and he will make us do whatever evil things he wants. Jesus frees us from the devil and the power of sin so we have the freedom to obey Him. I want to ask Him what I should do because He loves me and knows what is best for me. But we aren't zombies! God always gives us a choice to obey Him. He wants us to obey Him because we love Him, not just behave like robots. From my own experience, it is always better to obey God!"
Please keep this man's salvation in your prayers. Also ask that the Lord would give me more opportunities to talk with him about the Gospel as my time here in Taiwan draws to a close.
2 shouts:
so glad u shared this story, girl! Great explanation too :) Let's see what else God does in his heart!
Celia, Thanks for sharing this! It's been exciting to watch God work in his heart. We'll keep praying!
Post a Comment